Bee Communication was my first entrepreneurial effort and the most important milestone in shifting my career to information technology rather than to geoinformatics and surveying.
As the company leader I was responsible for all company activity and performance. Business & technical strategy, corporate culture, short-term & long-term goals, staff recruitment & training, procurement & logistics, finances, communication & marketing, contract negotiation, production & service provision, business planning, monitoring & evaluation as well as day-to-day management, were among my many responsibilities. While Bee Communication was a start-up I was also involved in all levels and types of work that needed to be carried out including technical, engineering and other tasks.
- Bee Communication S.A. grew to a regional ISP in Thessaly Greece and an ISV involved in innovative international projects.
- Maintained a profitable business, with an average 35% annual growth and 15% net profit during the years I was leading the company.
- Prepared & submitted numerous EU Project proposals and subsequently managed or co-ordinated granted projects under EU initiatives and frameworks like ADAPT, HORIZON, INTEGRA, NOW, YOUTHSTART, RAPHAEL and LEONARDO.
- Designed, developed or supervised numerous web applications for various customers, including e-commerce applications, e-learning applications, guides, portals and intranets. Technologies involved were both from the Linux and the Windows platforms and included C/C++, Pearl, PHP, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, ASP, ASP.NET/C# and others.
- Co-founded a subsidiary in Athens, focused on building and maintaining a country-wide Internet Services Sales Network (HUBnet S.A.).